(PC: Instagram/ Imran Khan – Avantika Malik)
There are quite a few very interesting professions around the globe, but being a mixologist has to be one of the most fun out of them. Wondering what a mixologist is? We’re sure former actor Imran Khan’s estranged wife Avantika Malik will have something interesting to share.
Although Avantika has always maintained a low profile, she has completed a course from a Mixology school in London. Avantika now works at one of Mumbai’s coolest eateries where she has been experimenting with Asian flavours to make interesting drinks. So here are a few things you need to know about the profession.
What is a mixologist?
A mixologist is a person who is skilled at mixing cocktails and other drinks.
Interesting things to note about this interesting profession:
– Being a mixologist is a lot harder than it looks. Understanding flavours, concoctions and tastes aren’t as easy as eating a meal or enjoying a drink
– Whether it’s your sangria or your long island iced tea, it’s a mixologist that serves you a drink
– It’s a mixologist who actually decides which drink requires a lot of ice (long island iced tea), which drink requires crushed ice (daiquiri) and which requires a frozen glass (martini)
– – People enjoy visiting a mixologist because drinking isn’t just about getting drunk anymore, but trying and experimenting with new things
– Apart from all the mixing and tasting, a mixologist also decides how to garnish and decorate it while serving.
Difference between Mixologist and Bartender
Yes, there is a difference between a mixologist and a bartender. A mixologist is a person who plays around and tries new concoctions. They also try to quirk up and add trendy additions to old drinks.
A bartender on the other hand is someone who serves a fixed menu like beer, wine, and Margaritas. A bartender also occasionally entertains with interesting acts while mixing ice and fire.
Now isn’t this a very unconventional and unique professional idea? You get to work in a place where others come to party, now just how cool is that!