Five ways to choose a righteous life partner are:
- Through constant prayer (1Thess 5:17-18)
- Seeking God’s wisdom (James 1:5, Prov 3:5-6)
- Seeking God’s directives (Prov 37:3-7a)
- Seeking God’s leadership through the holy spirit
- Seeking God’s guidance (1Sa. 58:11)
- Above all your prayer should be in spirit and truth (John 4:24)
2.Through the reading of the scripture (2Tim 2:15)
3.Through fellowshipping with matured Christians.
4.It is also through the leadership of the holy spirit in your life.
5.When the two of you have agreed to walk together (Amos 3:3).
THE NECCESSITY OF KNOWING GOD’S WILL IN CHOOSING LIFE PARTNER
Some ask this question, is it necessary that one must know the will of God before choosing marriage partner? The answer is yes, you must know the will of God before choosing marriage partner because it is only him who knows who is right for you. He has a plan for you. This is one of the truly realities in life, the realization that God has a plan for one. If you discover, that plan of your marriage. Therefore, include him in your plans.
1 .it is only him who knows the future
2 . it is because he knows what is best for you. He guides us into his purpose and plan Jer 29:10-10
- it is because he has commanded us to know his will and obey it. You will be hopeless if you refuse to acknowledge the will of God Eph 5:17, 15a.1:19)
The person who has surrender himself / herself to Jesus Christ the will of God will be easily manifest without doubt.
- The Bible: – No place where we can find a more complete picture of God’s will for man than the Bible. (ps 119:130, 105, Act 17:11, 2 tim 2:15)
2 .Through prayer:- this is a spiritual and inward act. Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except that which is outside the will of God. In the Bible and church history we saw that those men and women who spent more time with God in prayer (Act 9:26).
Let me conclude this by appealing to you to spend quality time for prayer before you enter into any relationship. Do not rush in choosing marriage partner except God has told to go ahead, let God’s will prevail before you go into any relationship, you should note that you can marry somebody from the same church or fellowship.